Wednesday, January 16, 2013 | 5:40 AM
Simplicity and speed are two principles we love when it comes to design at Google. Today, we’re excited to announce the new CSE layout that displays results in an overlay, on top of any content on your page.
What this means for developers:
- Takes seconds to create. We simplified the creation interface to get you going faster.
- One snippet for search box and results. Place it where you want your search box to appear.
- Powerful features now come by default: autocomplete, image thumbnails and results sorting.
- Uninterrupted browsing experience.
- Faster, more simple search means more chances for your users to discover great content from your site.
You may visit W3Schools to see the new layout in action or use the CSE below which searches our blog.
Try out the new layout by creating a new search engine. It takes less than a minute. Once you have your search engine snippet ready, simply paste it on your website.